The Best Desktop Word to PDF Converters
An offline Word to PDF converter does not rely on an internet connection to achieve full functionality. It can be installed on supported operating systems as a standalone app and perform all the DOCX to PDF conversion tasks. Click here for the best offline Microsoft Word to PDF conversion software we have handpicked for you;
TalkHelper PDF Converter OCR is a fully-fledged tool to convert Microsoft Word documents into PDF. Apart from the Word format, this software can also convert other Microsoft Office formats (Excel and PowerPoint) into PDF format while keeping the original layout and formatting intact.
Better yet, it features the much-coveted OCR functionality, with over 40 supported languages, that comes in handy to extract text data from scanned or image-based PDFs. To save you time and effort, the batch conversion feature lets you convert multiple DOCX files into the PDF equivalent simultaneously.
As a plus, you have access to nifty tools that allow you to split, merge, and extract just the data you need to be exported into PDFdrive.
- Supports partial and batch conversion
- Built-in OCR with lots of supported languages
- Offers format and layout retention
- Supports a wide range of formats
- Offers options to split, merge, and extract data
- Large PDFs may be slow to load
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC delivers a tabbed interface to give you heaven of time when converting DOCX into PDF. You will not only aptly convert Microsoft Word to PDF but also get access to security features like PDF encryption or restricting access with passwords.
Also, you need not go through a ton of steps considering that Adobe Acrobat Pro DC can automate the conversion process for you. Amazingly, document components like images, fonts, layout, and general formatting are retained, ridding you of the need to hassle editing the output PDF file. Even after you are done with the conversion, you have access to extra features to edit, merge, split and compress the PDF file.
- Boasts an OCR feature
- Offers cloud-based collaboration
- High-quality output with layout preservation
- Offers PDF editing options
- Lets you restrict document access
- A bit pricey monthly subscription
PDFelement Pro boasts quite some top-notch features like the ability to apply both partial and batch conversion when the need arises. Through batch conversion, multiple Word documents can be converted into PDFs all at the same time.
In the instance you have images with text, you can take advantage of the built-in OCR to extract the data and save it in PDF form. The good thing is that you are also opened up to editable PDFs just in case you need to tweak the output further before sharing.
Wondershare PDFelement Pro is very reliable thanks to the high levels of efficiency and ensuring that the output file looks exactly like the original Word file.
- Offers file compression
- Provides OCR functionality
- Lets you perform a partial conversion
- Offers batch processing
- Office-like user interface
- Lets you edit converted PDFs
- Slow at times
Nitro PDF is here to streamline your workflow by giving you the necessary tools to convert DOCX to PDF. The conversion is so precise that layout inconsistencies become a thing of the past. If your Word files are in the form of email attachments, Nitro PDF uses the incorporated Microsoft Outlook plugin to directly convert emails and attachments into PDF.
Collections of Word documents can also be converted simultaneously thanks to the batch conversion feature. While you are not converting Word to PDF, it is also possible to convert other Microsoft Office documents into PDF and vice versa.
- Offers document signing options
- Boasts cloud integration for convenient sharing
- Integrates Microsoft Office for direct conversions
- Offers document security options
- Format and layout retention
- Very efficient
- Some attributes may not be converted
- Programs crashes can occur