The answer to the question is yes! Getting firmware update on regular basis on your Linksys range extender is as important as breathing. Want to know why? Here in this article, we are going to explain the importance of updating the firmware on your Linksys range extender.
Don’t know how to setup linksys extender? No worries! Simply drop us a line into the comments section and get instructions to setup Linksys extender.
Now, let’s proceed a little forward and allow us to make you familiar with the importance of updating Linksys range extender firmware.
Why Updating Extender Firmware Important?
Updating the firmware of your Linksys range extender is one of the great ways for the smooth working of the device. Firmware updates are considered as the best to bring fixes to bugs and advancement to the latest technology. Apart from this, latest firmware updates brings addition to the new features and enhanced security. In simple words, it is important to update Linksys range extender firmware soon after setting it up.
What if you don’t update Linksys range extender firmware? Linksys extender firmware, if not updated might be a big cause behind the non-working of the device. Even task like doing extender login and setup can become a daunting task. Moreover, your internet connection may run at snail’s pace, if Linksys range extender firmware is not updated timely (whenever available).
Here’ to hope that you might have made your mind to update Linksys range extender firmware after setting it up. If so, then we have got you covered! In this post, we will provide you instructions on how to update Linksys range extender firmware in a fly.
Update Linksys Range Extender Firmware
To update the firmware on your Linksys range extender, follow the instructions highlighted below:
- Before initiating the process, make sure that your Linksys range extender is properly plugged in and the power LED on it is displaying a solid green color.
- Then, ensure that your extender and router are connected securely and properly using an Ethernet cable.
- Once you’re done, turn on a computer or laptop and launch a web browser of your choice in it. Make sure that the internet browser you are about to use is already up-to-date plus the device software you are using must not be outdated.
- Access the Linksys range extender web-based setup page by entering extender.linksys.com in the browser’s address bar. Do not use the browser’s search bar for entering the web address. Doing so will somehow help you in preventing login issues.
- A pop-up window will appear, asking you to enter Linksys range extender default username and password (if not changed).
- Enter the Linksys range extender login credentials carefully and click Log In.
- Linksys range extender web-based setup page will appear.
- Under the Administration option – click Firmware Upgrade.
- Click Choose File and then select the downloaded firmware version.
- Once done, click Open.
- Select Start Upgrade and the Linksys range extender firmware update process will start on the same page. To avoid any inconvenience, do not interrupt the Linksys range extender firmware update process. For instance, do not click on any link, close your Linksys range extender, go online or do anything else.
- When the Linksys range extender firmware update process gets completed, click Continue.
So, that was all about the importance of updating Linksys range extender firmware. If you are facing issues while initiating or completing the process, then ensure that your existing router works perfectly with your Linksys range extender. For this, contact your service provider regarding the same. Make sure that your exiting router is compatible with your Linksys range extender model.
On the off chance of you don’t find things perfect – in simple words – you don’t think that your existing router works smoothly with your Linksys range extender, then why not opt for a Linksys router? Yes, Linksys router is the best device that works smoothly with your Linksys range extender and helps in replicating the internet range (when added with the extender). To add it to the extender, you first need to set it up by using the default Linksys router login details.
We hope that this article was worthy? Share your feedback with us!