If you are looking for a way to access a seamless and lag-free internet connection in every corner of your home, you should consider performing Netgear Nighthawk router setup. Configuring a wireless router isn’t rocket science, however many users face issues during the process. But, worry not. We won’t let you have the same fate.
In this article, we have come up with two different methods through which you can perform Netgear router setup with ease. So, quit waiting, and read on.
Netgear Router Setup via Manual Method
Mentioned in this post are the instructions that you should follow in order to set up a Netgear wireless router via the Manual method:
- Unbox your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Plug the router into an electrical outlet and press the power button.
- Let the LED become solid green.
Note 1: Make sure that your Netgear Nighthawk router is receiving an uninterrupted power supply from the electrical socket.
Note 2: If the LED on your wireless device does not turn green, it is recommended that you reboot it and start the setup process from scratch.
- Once the LED starts blinking green, you need to connect your router and the modem.
- You can connect your devices with a wire or wirelessly. The choice is totally yours.
Note: If you choose to use an Ethernet cable to connect your router and the existing modem, ensure that it is not worn out or damaged from anywhere.
- The next step in line is to switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser of your preference. Make sure that it is updated.
Note: Whatever web browser you use, make sure that its cache, cookies, and browsing history are cleared.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type www.routerlogin.net. You can also use the default 192.168.1.1 IP address to log in to your device.
- Press the Enter key.
- Log in to your Netgear wireless router using the default username and password.
Note: If you are not sure regarding the default login credentials of your Netgear Nighthawk router, it is recommended that you refer to the information given in the user manual.
- Click Log In.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will welcome you.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
By following these instructions, you will easily be able to perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup by accessing the www.routerlogin.net page.
Netgear Router Setup Using Nighthawk App
If you want to configure your Netgear wireless router using your mobile device, it is advised that you opt for the Nighthawk app.
Follow the below-mentioned guidelines and learn how to perform Netgear router setup using the Nighthawk app:
- Unlock your mobile device. Make sure that it is charged.
- Go to the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Tap the Search icon.
- From the displayed list of options, select theNighthawk app.
- Tap Download.
- Let the application get installed.
Note: Do not perform any background activities on your device while the Netgear Nighthawk is about to get installed. Otherwise, you might come across technical issues in the blink of an eye. And you wouldn’t want that, right?
- Create a Netgear account using your personal details like full name, email address, and password.
- Next, log in to your router using the default router login username and password.
- Tap Log In.
- On the BASIC Home screen, follow the on-screen instructions.
In this manner, you will be able to perform a Netgear router setup using the Nighthawk app.
And that’s it! Our guide to perform Netgear router setup using the Manual method and using the Nighthawk app. We hope that after taking the help of the guidelines mentioned above, you will be able to set up a wireless router with ease.