Are you trying to learn how to clean an oven the easy way?
Keeping your oven clean helps increase the lifespan of your oven.
You might need aid on how to clean your oven if it’s not been done for a while. There may be spots, burn marks, and buildups inside your oven that have accumulated.
You need to take the right steps on how to break it down, clean it, and put it back together for it to work.
Here are some clean oven cleaning tips you can use.
How to Get Started?
Many people do not clean their ovens as often as they should. This is because most people do not know how to clean them. The first step is to take everything out of the oven.
This includes the racks, pizza stone, thermometer, and anything else that is in there. Remove any food or grease build-up from the oven. Use a putty knife or similar tool to scrape away any caked-on food.
For further info, you can also check the tips on cleaning an oven at the Do It Right Cleaning website.
How to Clean an Oven With Baking Soda?
- Mix one cup of baking soda with a few tablespoons of water to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to the inside of your oven using a sponge or brush.
- Be sure to cover the entire surface, including the inside of the door.
- Let the paste sit for a few hours, or overnight if possible.
- Once the paste has settled, wipe it away with a damp cloth.
- Use a clean cloth to buff the inside of your oven until it shines.
How to Clean an Oven With Commercial Cleaners?
- Read the product’s label and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use gloves and a face mask to avoid breathing in any harsh chemicals.
- Remove the oven racks and soak them in hot, soapy water.
- Using a sponge or cloth, apply the cleaning solution to the inside of the oven and avoid any exposed electrical wiring.
- Once the oven is coated in the cleaner, let it sit for the time specified on the label.
- Use a sponge or cloth to wipe away the cleaner and any built-up grime.
Cleaning an Oven With a Self-Cleaning Function
- Remove everything from the oven, including the racks.
- Close the oven door and select the self-cleaning cycle.
- The oven will heat to a very high temperature, so make sure there is nothing flammable nearby.
- Let the cycle run its course and then open the door to let the oven cool down.
- Once the oven has cooled, use a damp cloth to wipe away any residual ashes.
- Replace the racks and anything else that was in the oven.
How to Keep Your Oven Clean All Year Long?
Cleaning an oven is a time-consuming task. It is important to clean the oven often to prevent food from burning. Make sure that the appliance is in good condition.
There are a few things to keep in mind when thinking about how to clean an oven. Don’t forget to unplug the appliance before you begin the cleaning process. Use a mild detergent and a soft cloth to avoid the surfaces being scratched.
Be careful about the chemicals used in oven cleaners. With a little care and attention, cleaning an oven can be a straightforward task.
If you’re looking for some appliance repair help or maintenance tips, continue reading our other blog posts.