3D movies have been around for a while. From Avatar to Back to the Future, 3D technology has become a staple in cinematic storytelling. Recent advancements in 3D technology have enabled movie theaters to show movies with polarized glasses. This means that you won’t need to wear the headache-inducing 3D glasses that have been popping up at Halloween stores.
At first, it may seem daunting to watch 3D movies without those clunky glasses. But with this step by step guide, you will be able to confidently watch polarized 3D movies on your computer!
Table of Contents
What Is Polarized 3D?
Polarized 3D is a new technology that allows you to watch movies at home as if you were in an IMAX theater. While wearing polarized glasses, the screen will appear almost three dimensional. As an added bonus, the glasses are passive and don’t need to be charged or connected to your computer.
How You Can Watch Polarized 3D Movies On Your Computer
- You will need a pair of polarized 3D glasses. You can find them at most movie theaters or online.
- You’ll also need the URL to the video you want to watch (you can do this by searching your favorite streaming site).
- Paste the URL into the address bar on YouTube and click enter. YouTube will automatically convert the video to 3D for you!
That’s it! Now you can enjoy watching polarized 3d movies without clunky glasses!
How To Watch 3D Movies On Your Computer
- Download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player from the Macromedia website.
- Clear any active windows from your screen, then double-click on the .exe file that you just downloaded.
- Click “Install” and wait as the program installs.
- When installation is complete, click “Finish.”
- Double-click on a 3D video file (.mp4) to watch it in 3D!
Where to Find Polarized 3D Movies
The easiest way to find polarized 3D movies is to go to the search engine on your computer. Type in “polarized 3D movies” and you will see a list of sites that offer 3D movies for free. Here are some popular sites:
- Amazon Video
- iTunes Movie Trailers
Some filmmakers have started uploading their own 3D films on these websites, so you can watch those as well.
Watching 3D movies on your computer is a breeze. All you have to do is download a 3D player, head to a website that offers 3D movies and you’ve got yourself a great night in.