The status of LEDs on your Linksys WiFi range extender indicates its overall performance, stability, and functionality. Sometimes, you may see stable green or blue LED on your range extender. But, what happens when you continuously see red light on your range extender? Although, it is most common issue experienced by every third Linksys extender user, if not fixed, you will not be able to enjoy lag-free internet on your WiFi-enabled devices. Need not to worry! Here, in this post, we are going to share some tested and proven fixes to help you get rid of the issue in no time.
Fix: Linksys Extender Red Light Issue
There are several LEDs available on your Linksys extender (depending upon the model you are using). Each LED indicates different meanings. But, if you see any of them blinking red, then it is a big thing to worry, as you will not be able to enjoy the blazing-fast internet in every nook and cranny of your house.
First of all, let’s discuss the reasons why you are getting the red light issue.
- Loose wired/ Ethernet connections
- Power outage
- Fluctuation in the electricity
- Thunder storm
- Outdated extender firmware version
- Partial Linksys extender setup
Now that you have come to know the reasons behind red LED issue on your Linksys extender, let’s take a quick action to resolve it. What you say? Just follow the fixes highlighted below and know how to resolve the issue in minutes.
Check the Power
First, check the power being supplied to your Linksys extender.
Second, check the wall outlet in which your range extender is plugged in.
The power socket must not be damaged or short circuited.
Third, ensure that the wall plugged is near to your router.
Check the Cable Connections
- Loose cable connections might also be one of the biggest reasons behind the issue. All you have to do is to check the Ethernet cable you have used to connect your extender and router.
- Besides, make sure that your devices are properly connected.
- Also, ensure that the cable isn’t damaged from anywhere.
- In case of damaged or faulty Ethernet cable, replace it right away and try connecting your devices using a wireless source.
To check the connection whether it has been successfully created between your devices or not, open a PC or laptop and have access to the Linksys extender login page.
Still no luck? Need not to worry! Power cycle or restart your Linksys extender once.
Sometimes, a minor technical glitch with the device can be fixed easily by simply power cycling.
To power cycle or reboot your Linksys extender, do the following:
- First things first, disconnect your router from the Linksys extender.
- Then, unplug the extender from its respective wall outlet and wait for a few minutes.
- Plug in back the extender.
- Connect your Linksys device with router.
- Hopefully, the blinking red LED issue is fixed now? If not, consider updating Linksys extender firmware.
Still the same? Contact your internet service provider. Confirm that if everything is fine from his end. There are chances that you are getting red light issue on your Linksys extender due to a technical issue from the side from your internet service provider. Ask him to fix the issue as soon as possible so that you can enjoy streaming videos from any corner of your house.
Nothing helped to resolve the issue? It seems like that your modem is not working well. And if you want to resolve the issue and want to boost your WiFi range up to 30%, then add a Linksys router to your Linksys extender. For this, simply access the Linksys router login page, configure it by following the on-screen instructions and experience the change yourself.
All the fixes listed in this article will help you cope up with Linksys extender red light issue. If you are still struggling with the same issue, feel free to drop your queries into the comments section.