An adequately equipped conference room is the convenience and efficiency of teamwork when discussing and developing solutions and an element of reputation and a reflection of the company’s image. The multimedia complex of the conference room includes many subsystems that perform different functions with their features, but at the same time, work as a whole. Here are seven important ones.
Basic requirements for equipping a conference room
- Providing convenience and comfort for the presenter, delegates on the podium, conference participants in the room, and the operator.
- The effectiveness of the assimilation of video and audio information by the event participants, including through the means of simultaneous translation.
- Possibility of interactive work with the audience.
- Centralized remote control and configuration of the entire complex of conference room equipment.
- The technical equipment should harmoniously fit into the room’s design and be as invisible as possible.
- Fault tolerance of the equipment complex.
- Compatibility of the system with a wide range of equipment for further scaling the complex with other systems, if necessary.
- Simple and quick assembly/disassembly of the presidium with all its equipment necessary to transform the room.
Video data playback system and video monitoring system
The video playback system is the most important in a conference room because most information is transmitted through eye contact. A projection monitor and a video projector are used. Meeting room equipment based on the size of the room, the number of chairs, and their location.
Monitoring is used to record indoor events. It can be part of a video conferencing system designed for remote negotiations.
Sound amplifying system
The main requirements for audio equipment for conference rooms are a clear transmission of sound files and speech. This equipment is divided into several types that are used together since each system complements the other:
- Concert sound;
- Equipment included for seminars and meetings in the conference room;
- Surround sound equipment used to show movies.
The conference system is conference room equipment used for seminars and meetings with many listeners. It includes the central control unit, a speaker, and a delegate microphone console. One type of conference system is considered a congress system used in rooms for 1,000 or more people.
Simultaneous translation systems
The simultaneous interpretation of oral speech is one of the most challenging tasks, even for an experienced translator. The solution to this problem is specialized equipment in the performance process, unique booths for translation for negotiating in several foreign languages. These interpreting booths allow all participants to listen to the speaker in their language. This significantly reduces the number of errors and material omissions.
In the conference room, the equipment is used for corporate events. In this situation, a stage light should be installed. This system has the following composition:
- Conference room equipment for light source control;
- Lighting devices;
- System for remote closing of curtains.
Tools that links all equipment and universal control units
The switching equipment in the meeting room is used as a single system that connects all signal sources in the room. The system can consist of matrix switchers, amplifiers, boxes, and cables.
If a complex consisting of many types of equipment is installed in a conference room, it becomes necessary to use a universal control system. Its action is based on creating a personal plan for managing each device.
Additional equipment for meeting rooms includes structures used as ancillaries to the central device. They are divided into special and non-special. Special are systems that ensure uninterrupted operation, an intelligent control system for all equipment for conference rooms. And non-special ones – chairs and armchairs, stands for speeches, stands on which equipment for conference rooms is installed, etc.
Conference room layout
The layout of a modern conference room is a complex process that requires a responsible approach at every stage. An architectural plan is developed individually, equipment for conference rooms is selected and adjusted.
The plan drawn up at the planning stage should consider all the features of the room, the main tasks assigned to the conference room, and the composition and functions of the equipment. Only after carrying out this analysis should you start creating an architectural project.
There are no universal solutions for equipping conference rooms when developing a concept for a future project. One has to consider the customer’s requirements, the size of the allocated budget, architectural features of the building, accommodation options for participants, and many different essential nuances. Indeed, designing a conference room is a time-consuming process. It will require special knowledge, skills, and experience.