Are you looking to buy a used vehicle? If so, would you like to know the car’s history and information, such as mileage, theft records, and model number? Well, all you have to do is run a check on its VIN.
VIN stands for Vehicle Identification Number. This unique identifying code is assigned to every vehicle and used to identify the car. The VIN is 17 characters long and acts as the car’s fingerprint.
Now, you are probably wondering how and where you can run a VIN check. But don’t worry, I got you. In this overview guide, I will show you how to run a VIN check using VinCheckFree, an online VIN checker. Here we go.
Table of Contents
VinCheckFree – A Free Online VIN Decoder
VinCheckFree is an online VIN lookup site that provides data about a vehicle, motorcycle, or other moving engines. You can use this platform to ensure that a vehicle you are about to purchase has a clean history and won’t land you in legal trouble. VinCheckFree is ideal as it offers updated information and is 100% accurate. Let us now look at scenarios where you may need VinCheckFree.
When to Use VinCheckFree
You can use VinCheckFree in the following scenarios:
- Before buying a used car
As earlier stated, a VIN lookup is essential if you intend to buy a used car. You can find out if the car has had severe accidents that may have compromised its structural integrity. Also, since a car’s history can influence its market value, looking up its past can help you bargain for a better price. Using VinCheckFree allows you to obtain all these advantages and reduce the risk of a bad purchase.
- When buying car parts
Finding the right spare parts can be tricky if you don’t know the make, model, submodel, and year a car was made. In fact, some manufacturers will require you to give the above details when purchasing parts online. VinCheckFree can allow you to access this information with ease. Furthermore, since the platform is accessible anywhere, you do not need to memorize your vehicle’s manufacturer details.
- To obtain a comprehensive vehicle report
You can also use VinCheckFree to satisfy your curiosity about a vehicle. Since the platform is free, you can easily open the website and request a comprehensive report on your vehicle. VinCheckFree will let you know what information is available on your vehicle.
How to Decode a VIN on VinCheckFree
Obtaining a VIN report on VinCheckFree is easy and only requires a few simple clicks. Follow the steps below to look up a car’s history.
- Step one: Visit the VinCheckFree website, enter the VIN of the vehicle into the search bar and click Search.
- Step two: Wait for VinCheckFree to scan through its database and retrieve all data on the car.
- Step three: Check the report and find out everything you need to know about the car.
What is the Cost of using VinCheckFree?
This platform is free and does not charge for its services. You also don’t need to create an account or establish any long-term commitment to access VinCheckFree’s services. You only need to open the site, enter a VIN and view your report moments later.
What Information is on a VINCheckFree Report
You will find the following information on your VinCheckFree report:
- Title information
VinCheckFree lets you know if a car has flood, junk, or salvage title from DMV. You will also find out if it was part of a commercial fleet. This data provides insight into what a vehicle was used for before, so you can know what to expect from it.
- Odometer readings
VinCheckFree provides TIMA (Truth in Mileage Act) certified odometer readings. It lets you know if the Odometer has been tampered with.
- Transfer of ownership
This report details any ownership transfers. You will also find out if the vehicle has a lien against it so you don’t end up buying a vehicle that doesn’t belong to the seller due to outstanding debt. A VinCheckFree report will also tell you if the car has been stolen.
- Inspections and repairs
The VIN report also contains data on where and when a car was inspected and whether it failed or passed the inspection. The maintenance records will also tell you if the car has a history of constantly needing repair work. If it does, that’s a red flag.
VinCheckFree reports have information about severe accidents. However, the platform also offers the biggest publicly accessible database of reports on smaller accidents barely reported elsewhere.
Pros and Cons of Decoding a VIN with VinCheckFree
Below is a list of the pros and cons of using VinCheckFree.
- VinCheckFree has authentic records obtained from various sources.
- It helps you get value for your money when purchasing a used car.
- It lets you know any undetectable information that a seller may hide about the car’s past.
- The reports are accurate, comprehensive, and easy to read.
- Enables you to stay safe and avoid an accident-prone vehicle or legal issues.
- It is relatively new in the market compared to some other platforms.
- You can not find out how the previous owner kept the vehicle.
- What kind of vehicles does VinCheckFree support for its users?
VinCheckFree provides information for all vehicles, including buses, trucks, motorcycles, tractors, and other automobiles. It also works for almost all auto manufacturers globally, so you can get data for whatever car brand. In addition, you can run a VIN check on vehicles from any state.
- How do I check a VIN for free?
VinCheckFree is the best way to look up a VIN for free. While there are other sites like NICB, these only offer a few free searches every 24 hours. Hence, if you need unlimited free VIN searches, VinCheckFree is ideal.
- How to find your car’s VIN?
Different manufacturers indicate a vehicle’s VIN at various places. Most will display it on the interior of the dashboard on the driver’s side or beside the engine. Check out your vehicle documents if you don’t find the VIN in these places.
- How Can a VIN Be Broken Down?
A VIN consists of 17 characters that include numbers and letters. Each character represents a particular bit of information about the vehicle.
- First three characters identify the manufacturer and origin of the car.
- The next section comprises 5 characters and describes the vehicle by letting you know the engine, style, size, brand, and type of the car.
- The following section has three characters and includes security check digits, assembly plant, and model year of the vehicle.
- The remaining six numbers are the vehicle’s serial number.
Checking out a vehicle’s VIN, especially before buying a secondhand car, can enable you to avoid many problems in the future. Fortunately for you, this article has explained how to use VinCheckFree to find out all the information on that particular car.
While multiple VIN checking tools exist, you can trust this platform to have the most up-to-date and accurate information. VinCheckFree is the ideal VIN decoder for any car. All you need is the car’s VIN and an internet connection.