If you are also feeling dizzy, and have false senses that the place is running or spinning, then you need to hire a Vertigo specialist, as chances are, you are suffering from severe health issues, which need medical attention. It is like morning sickness, but it still has different symptoms as we see in lightheadedness. On a contrary, you will find two types of vertigo, and both of them are not good for your health,
Peripheral vertigo is the most common vertigo found in patients, it is because of the presence of fluid In your inner ear, or in your vestibular nerve which maintains balance in human being. Another vertigo is because a problem in the brain is central, and there are multiple reasons which can contribute to this vertigo these are migraines, brain tumors, muscle sclerosis, a traumatized severe brain problem, stroke, and infection in the brain area. If you hire the best Vertigo specialist, you will combat this issue quickly, and in the future, you will no longer suffer from vertigo. Now, Let’s see the symptoms seen in a patient with vertigo
Table of Contents
Severe symptoms of dizziness that need medical attention
If you are also facing these symptoms, it is advisable to get medical attention as it will help you to treat your disease fast.
- One of the most common symptoms seen in vertigo patients is dizziness, which can be more severe if you do head movements.
- Patients will see the spinning of everything surrounding them.
- Sweating of an individual is enhanced
- Buzzing and ringing in your ears, all the time.
- The patient makes involuntary eye movements
- Loss of balance because of issues in nerves that coordinate balance in your body.
- Sometimes, a person may lose his hearing power.
- If you are facing multiple seizures, then it is best to go to a vertigo specialist.
- Loss of consciousness is another important symptom.
- Not able to walk properly, feeling dizzy while walking
- Persistently, you are suffering from migraines or severe headaches.
- Head injury can also be another symptom of problems with vertigo.
- Struggle in breathing and shorten a breath.
- Frequent vomiting and nausea which is ongoing regularly.
- Stiff neck injury
Treatments offered by Vertigo specialists to treat it completely
There are thousands of treatments available in the market for vertigo by specialists. If you follow all these methods regularly, you could combat your issue, and you are no longer a vertigo patient. Treatment is done according to the underlying cause of the issues, so going to the best Vertigo specialist is important if you want to cure your disease properly. Some medications such as Antivert are very useful for vertigo patients, as these medications can help a patient become healthy again. If all these treatments don’t work for you, then you can go for vestibular rehabilitation therapy, which will be helpful for you in vertigo.
1. Medication is an important instant solution for any disease, so if you are suffering from vertigo then taking Meclizine is an ideal option as it is an antihistamine that can help you with allergies, so it can easily cure vertigo and motion sickness. But take this medication only if your doctor approves it, as your Vertigo specialist knows better what causes vertigo and how to cure it, so follow his lead.
2. Another thing you can do to get rid of all issues in your body is exercise, there are many exercises which can ease your vertigo, and the best part is you don’t need to pay too much or you don’t need to buy expensive medicines. All these exercises are done to hold your body in a specific position to improve your balance, which is helpful for vertigo patients. You will find these exercises to be the same as you have seen in vestibular rehabilitation therapy. In VRT, a patient has different exercises to be performed daily, and doctors have designed different exercise routines for patients according to their underlying issues. Three common exercises which are performed to ease vertigo are balance training, which is responsible for maintaining your steadiness, habituation which is good for improving dizziness and gaze stabilization which is for eye movement, your visions will be crystal clear in case you make head movements. But, if your vertigo is very severe, then there are chances that these exercises won’t work for you, so hiring a Vertigo specialist is a good idea.
3. Surgery is another good treatment for vertigo. If a brain tumor or any head injury is the reason for your vertigo, then you need to go for surgery.
Some lifestyle changes advisable by your doctor to alleviate your vertigo
Following some changes in your lifestyle can also be helpful to you. There are many ways to give yourself comfort from vertigo. Certain natural supplements can also induce sleep, which is good for vertigo patients.
- Using essential oils such as lavender essential oil is good for stopping nausea and dizziness. But don’t overdo it. With just a few drops, you would be able to use it in your body.
- Epley maneuver is also a good home remedy to treat vertigo at home. This is a common technique advised by doctors to cure vertigo. In this, you need to follow certain steps before you take sleep regularly to give you relief from vertigo’s symptoms. If you see vertigo in the left ear or on the left side, then you need to sit on your body, then rotate your head to 45 degrees, after lying down and then you need to face your head up on the bed at 45 degrees. Maintaining the same position for at least 30 minutes can be helpful. Then you need to turn your head at 90 degrees, turn your whole body to look downward, and now be in a sitting position for at least 30 seconds more. If your vertigo is on the right side, then you need to follow these steps to the right side.