The GATE cutoff is the minimum score needed by applicants to be eligible to take the GATE exam. Candidates should know that the GATE cutoff varies for 29 engineering disciplines. The qualifying GATE cutoff is published by the organizing IIT, and the GATE is published by all the participating institutes individually. The factors used to determine the GATE Qualifying cutoff include the candidates’ GATE performance and past years patterns in the cutoff. The number of applications received and availability of seats are the parameters deciding the GATE cutoff.
The exam preparation requires strategic planning to cover the GATE syllabus and clear the exam on the first attempt. Many candidates fail to plan or follow a plan which fails miserably.
- Early Bird catches the worm: The candidates committed to clearing the exam should start an early preparation. The syllabus is vast, and candidates must give many mock tests. An early start always gives wings to preparation, and candidates feel confident as the time comes near. Early preparation also helps the candidates ensure they do not skip one or two topics that may come in the GATE exam.
- Knowing the entire syllabus: This is the first and foremost step to starting the preparation. The entire syllabus must be retained by the candidates so they may design their study strategy and stay on task. Covering the complete syllabus also helps in understanding which topics can take more time in preparation.
- Understanding the GATE 2023 Exam Pattern: The candidates should check out previous years’ papers and visit the GATE 2023 website to analyze the exam pattern. The GATE exam consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and numerical-type questions (NAT). Try to understand the marking scheme of different question papers.
- Follow a Schedule: A disciplined approach always does wonders for preparing, and a daunting task becomes very simple. Categorize topics into Weak, Medium, and Strong areas and devote time to each area accordingly.
- Dedicated Study Hours: Lakhs of students appear for GATE, and aspirants are required to put in their best efforts. The students should have set hours for study and breaks to keep the concentration going.
- Making Notes: This is, in fact, the best habit that ensures the candidates memorize essential concepts. Notes always help in fast revision and help to save much time. The candidates do not need to carry heavy books everywhere; they can be revised anywhere.
- Solve Mock Tests: This is the most important tip given by most experts and toppers of the GATE exam. Solving mock tests with BYJU’s Exam Prep is very beneficial and helps candidates to score high in exams. Mock tests are designed like actual GATE exams and help the candidates get familiar with the pattern and difficulty level of the exam.
- Analyze the results of Mock Tests: The analysis of question papers is crucial as candidates can check their preparation levels and identify strong and weak areas. The candidates should do the time analysis to solve a different category of questions. The candidates should check out options to solve the questions more quickly.
- Best Reference Books: The candidates should purchase or borrow the best available books to prepare for the exam. Many experts and toppers recommend certain books that have helped to succeed in the GATE exam.
- Health is wealth: The candidates should look to take care of their health as a healthy mind develops in a healthy body.
General Tips for cracking GATE 2023
The candidates should check out these general but useful tips to crack the GATE 2023 exam.
- Keep the revision going while preparing: The candidates should not forget to do the revision of the topics covered, as the syllabus is very comprehensive.
- Attempt Mock Tests: Taking full mock tests helps to keep the examination mode on, and the candidates are able to analyze their strengths and weaknesses regularly.
- Making Self-written Notes: Online lectures and Youtube videos should be avoided, and the candidates should rely on the notes prepared by them.
- Follow a healthy life routine: The candidates should keep themselves in the best of health. This will help them to have the best preparation for the GATE exam.
- Getting all queries resolved in time: The candidates should get answers to all queries before the exam day.