Netgear WiFi range extender is one of the most efficient devices that have grabbed many eyeballs across the globe. Though many range extender brands are in the race Netgear is considered one of the most trusted companies for satisfying the internet needs of every user around the globe.
As soon as you are done with the Netgear extender setup, you are all set to experience a lag-free internet connection in every nook and cranny of your house, including the courtyard and backyard.
But, 3 out of 5 Netgear extender users don’t know the process of configuring their Netgear extenders. If you are also among those, then this post can help you out. All you have to do is follow the instructions highlighted below and know how to boost up your WiFi speed by configuring a Netgear extender. Read on!
Instructions to Configure a Netgear Extender
Follow the instructions highlighted below in the exact given order to configure your Netgear extender with great ease.
Step 1: Plug in your Netgear range extender, ensure to plug it near to your router and in a working wall socket.
Step 2: Wait for the power LED on your range extender to become stable.
Step 3: Once you see a solid green light on your Netgear extender, connect it to your existing router using an Ethernet cable.
Step 4: Now, get connected to Netgear_ext SSID.
Step 5: Once you’re done, launch an internet browser of your choice on a desktop or laptop.
Step 6: Head over to the browser’s address bar and enter mywifiext into it. If the web address, mywifiext is not working for you, use the default IP address 192.168.1.250 instead.
Step 7: Enter the extender’s default username and password into the provided fields.
Step 8: Click Log In.
Step 9: You will then be redirected to the Netgear Genie Setup page.
Step 10: Follow the on-screen prompts and configure your Netgear WiFi extender with great ease.
That’s it! Your Netgear extender is successfully configured. Now, you are all set to use the internet from any corner of your house.
If you are facing issues while setting up your Netgear extender, keep the following things into consideration:
- Locate the Netgear extender on a neat area, in open, and over a higher surface.
- Keep the extender away from interference-creating WiFi devices. Doing so will somehow boost your WiFi up to 20 percent.
- While accessing the extender login page using mywifiext, ensure that the web address isn’t entered into the browser’s search bar.
- Make sure that you have an active internet connection.
- Ensure to use the correct extender login details. If you have changed them, use them instead.
- Be certain to follow the Netgear extender setup on-screen instructions in exact given order.
Still the same? No worries! You can easily cope up with Netgear extender setup issues by simply power cycling it.
Here’s how to power cycle or restart your Netgear WiFi range extender:
- First of all, disconnect your router from the Netgear extender.
- Then, unplug the extender from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug the Netgear extender back in.
Now, try to connect your Netgear extender again to the router and start using the internet on your connected devices. After configuring your Netgear extender, you are suggested to change its default settings, username and password by navigating to the smart setup wizard using 192.168.1.250 IP.
Just in case, you still can’t configure your Netgear extender and facing issues while accessing the internet, then it is suggested to reset and reconfigure your Netgear extender.
To reset your Netgear range extender:
- Disconnect the extender from every connected device in your home.
- Then, locate the extender’s reset hole. Ensure to provide the extender a steady power supply.
- As soon as you find the extender reset hole, press it using any thin and sharp object.
- Hold and release the extender reset hole.
Your Netgear extender resets successfully. Now, you can reconfigure it and start using the internet.
Is your WiFi range boosted after the Netgear extender setup? Do share your feedback with us. And, if you have more queries in mind on how to set up a Netgear extender and boost WiFi speed, let us know via comments.