Are you unable to connect to Netgear EX6100 extender WiFi network? That means no internet. This is one of the most common issues that every Netgear EX6100 extender user bumps into. But you don’t have to worry at all! We’ve got your back! In this article, we assure you that we will surely help you resolve the issue in a fly. Let’s hit the nail on the head!
- Update the Firmware of Your EX6100
Use of an outdated firmware version may let you experience many big issues apart from the mentioned one. So, if you want to get the most out of your Netgear extender, consider updating its firmware. You can easily update the firmware of your Netgear EX6100 extender by navigating to its web-based setup page via mywifiext local (only for Apple or iOS device users) or 192.168.1.250 IP and following the on-screen prompts in exact given order.
Note: If you own a windows computer, then use mywifiext.net as a URL
- Power Cycle Your Netgear Extender
Yes, you read it absolutely right! Sometimes, a simple reboot or power cycle is enough to get issues with your Netgear EX6100 range extender fixed. To initiate the process, follow the step-by-step instructions highlighted below:
Step 1: Unplug your Netgear EX6100 extender and wait for a couple of minutes.
Step 2: Thereafter, plug your EX6100 back in.
Step 3: Ensure to place your extender and router within reach of each other. But, avoid placing them too closer because their WiFi signals may clash.
Step 4: After plugging in the Netgear extender and placing it near to your router, wait for the power LED on your EX6100 to become stable.
Step 5: Once the LED on your EX6100 is stable, try connecting your device to Netgear_Ext and see whether the issue is now fixed. If the issue remains the same, try the next fix outlined underneath.
- Use the Correct WiFi Password
Are you using the correct password to access the Netgear extender’s WiFi? We suggest you cross-check it once. Maybe there are typos in the extender password. Bear in mind – use of a wrong password will not allow to you access the extender’s WiFi. So, we recommend you enter the password correctly. On the off chance if you are using the correct password and still not able to use the internet, then possibilities that there might be an issue with your Netgear EX6100 extender.
To fix this issue, make sure that your Netgear EX6100 extender isn’t catching signal interference from unknown WiFi devices.
If the “unable to connect to Netgear extender WiFi network” issue continues to appear, then you have no option left then to reset your device.
How to Reset Netgear EX6100 Extender?
Here’s how to reset Netgear extender:
- Firstly, ensure to provide a steady power supply to your Netgear EX6100 extender.
- Make sure to disconnect your Netgear WiFi extender from all the connected devices, including router.
- Then, locate the reset hole on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Once found, grab a pin or a paper clip and insert it carefully into the Netgear extender reset hole.
- Press and hold the reset hole for a few seconds and then release it.
- That’s it! Your device has been reset successfully. Now, you have to perform the Netgear EX6100 setup process again. Navigate to the Netgear Genie setup wizard using mywifiext local or 192.168.1.250 IP for on-screen instructions.
That’s all! These were the fixes through which you can easily resolve the “unable to connect to Netgear extender WiFi network” issue in a fly. Just in case you are experiencing the same issue, feel free to drop us a line into the comments section.