If you are looking for a way to access a seamless and lag-free internet connection in each and every corner of your home, you should consider performing Netgear extender setup. Configuring a Netgear extender will also help you access the internet even in the zones that have no WiFi service.
In this article, we have come up with four different methods to perform Netgear extender setup. So, what are you waiting for? Continue reading.
Netgear Extender Setup via WPS Method
Here are the guidelines that you need to follow in order to perform Netgear extender setup using the WPS method:
- Plug your Netgear extender into an electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button.
- Create a connection between your extender and the existing router.
- Look for the WPS button on your wireless device.
- Once found, carefully press it.
- Lastly, change the location of your Netgear wireless range extender.
Bingo! In this manner, you will easily be able to perform Netgear extender setup using the WPS method. Now, you can connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extender’s network that is, Netgear_ext.
Netgear Extender Setup via Mywifiext.net
Another way through which you can install your Netgear extender is by accessing the web user interface. Here is how to do that:
- Make sure that your Netgear extender is receiving an uninterrupted power supply from the electrical outlet.
- Also, ensure that the connection between your devices is stable.
- Once you’ve taken care of both these things, switch on your PC.
- Open an internet browser. Whatever browser you use, make sure that it is running on its updated version.
- In the URL bar of the browser, type the default web address of your extender.
- If mywifiext.net doesn’t work for you, use the default 192.168.1.250 IP address instead.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear extender administrative page will welcome you.
- When prompted, fill in the default username and password of your Netgear extender.
- Click Log In.
- You will find yourself on the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Congratulations! In this way, you will be able to perform Netgear extender setup by accessing the web user interface.
Netgear Extender Setup Using Ethernet Cable
Follow the below-mentioned steps that you need to go through in order to configure your Netgear wireless range extender using an Ethernet cable:
- Connect your Netgear extender and the WiFi router using an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Enter the default web or IP address in the address bar of the web browser.
- Press Enter.
- Enter the default login credentials of your Netgear range extender.
- Hit Log In.
- Once the Netgear Genie setup wizard comes into view, follow the on-screen prompts.
By following these instructions, you will easily be able to perform Netgear extender setup using the Ethernet cable.
Netgear Extender Setup Using Nighthawk App
Last, but not least, if you want to set up the extender using your mobile device, it is recommended that you opt for the Nighthawk app.
Here is how you can set up your Netgear range extender using the Nighthawk app:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Go to the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Tap the Search icon.
- From the displayed list of options, select the Nighthawk app.
- Tap Download.
- Wait for some time and let the app get installed.
- Create a Netgear account using your personal details like full name, email address, and password.
- Next, log in to your device using the default admin details.
- Hit Log In.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
And with that, you’ll be able to set up a Netgear wireless range using the Nighthawk app.
Our guide to perform Netgear extender setup using four different methods has come to an end here. We hope that after following the aforementioned steps, you will easily be able to set up an extender and access a blazing-fast internet connection in your home.